Compact PCI, often referred to as cPCI, is electrically a superset of PCI with a physical form factor engineered for ruggedness. Compact PCI utilises the Euro card form factor popularised by the VME bus.
Its features are as follows:
- Standard Euro card dimensions
- High density High Reliability 2mm Pin-and-socket connectors
- Positive card retention
- Excellent shock and vibration characteristics
- Metal front panel
- User I/O Connections on front and rear
- Designed with proper ventilation and EMI/EMC compatibility
- Hot Swap capability
- Eight slots in basic configuration, easily expanded with bridges to 21 or more slots
Compact PCI defines both 3U (100mm by 160 mm) and 6U (160mm by 233 mm) card sizes. Data Patterns designs and builds a wide range of Compact PCI products in the 6U form factor. Some modules are available in 3U form factor as well. These products can be integrated in 6U and 3U card cage cPCI as well as PXI chassis.
Many of the cPCI products manufactured by Data Patterns are listed in this brochure. The product range includes Chassis configurable to application requirements. Some of the features that can be configured are:
- Number of slots
- 6U and 3U capability
- Standard cPCI Backplanes and derivatives such as H110, Star Fabric, PXI etc.
- Front and Rear I/O Capability
- Power Supply Types such as AC/DC simple/redundant
- Chassis Height
- Chassis Panel Mounted Field interface connectors
- Processor Options
- Peripheral Options such as Shock Mounted Hard Drives, Optical Drives
- MMI options such as CRT & LCD displays, Keyboards, Pointing devices, Finger print security devices and so on
Modules in compact PCI from Data Patterns are available for Data Acquisition and Control, Simulation, Communication and Automatic Test Equipment, Rugged systems, Fail-safe systems, Computer controlled Logic Controls, Plant Automation and similar requirements. Other I/O functions available from our IP and Mezzanine Module families can be directly integrated into our cPCI systems.
Data Patterns has also pioneered cPCI derivatives such as 9U High Voltage systems, Multiple backplane support with Hot Standby Switchover capabilities. Continuous Innovation enables Data Patterns to implement Compact PCI systems to the exact needs of customer applications.
list of products from Data Patterns in the Compact PCI family